- Baby Basket Quilt from Woodberry Way
- Baby Parachute Pattern by Crazy Mom Quilts
- Basically Kids Stuff quilt free at Connecting Threads
- Double Pinwheels Quilt at Connecting Threads (make 16 blocks)
- Easiest Chevron pattern – by Jamie Sanders
- Giant Flying Geese blocks (no waste with layer cakes) – by Reanna Lily Designs
- Have a Heart by Piece O’ Cake
- HOORay by Heidi Pridemore
- Jelly Roll Jam from the Fat Quarter Shop
- Lighthouse Quilt Along at Fresh Lemons
- Nine Patch Bento Box by Janet Wickell
- The Penta Pinwheel by SewCanShe
- Quilt-As-You-Go Coin Pattern – by Teri Stillwell
- Shooting Star Quilt Pattern by Moose on the Porch Quilts
- Simple Stripes Quilt by Diary of a Quilter
- Star Baby Quilt by Amy Smart from Diary of a Quilter
- Sweet Baby Quilt – free online at Claudia’s Quilt Shoppe
- To The Point by Amy Gibson at Stitchery Dickory Dock
Missouri Quilt Company has a bunch of free videos on YouTube showing quick and easy ways to complete all sorts of blocks too!
Messing with Magic Numbers in Quilts – If you find yourself with a lot of stash fabric in small pieces, cut them into blocks and make this fun scrappy quilt! Sew Katie Did shows you how to use up 6.5″, 4.5″ and 2.5″ blocks in this blog.
This wonderful blogger put together an incredible list of free patterns.
Feeling a little more adventurous? Try a paper pieced block! Here are a few links that might interest you:
- Tilt Whirl Baby Quilt by Fresh Lemons
- Free Paper Pieced Blocks by Wombat Quilts
If you’ve never paper pieced, not to worry! There are several different methods and tutorials out there on the interweb. Here are a few:
- Paper Pieced tutorial by Fresh Lemons – check out all her other tutorials and patterns too!
- How to Paper Piece by Lindsay Conner on Craftsy
- Paper Piecing Tutorial (Video) by Jennifer Mathis